Tuesday 12 November 2013

Anyone for strawberry daiquiris and Mary Berry's Pork with chilli and coconut?

The strawberry season still being here, I had to use up some strawberries and making daiquiris is no hardship.  This is not a Mary Berry recipe - merely one gleaned from the internet.  But I will use the half we could not consume to add to Mary's Vanilla icecream.


Pork fillet is often available at a very good price and being lean, it is a healthy choice.  Tired of the usual suspects (stuffed with smoked mussels and wrapped in bacon or roast with apples and a creamy apple sauce), I decided to give Mary Berry's chilli version a whirl.  I don't often follow recipes for main meals, but in the interests of "Antoinette and Mary", I sacrificed myself! Instead of tinned tomatoes, I used tomato paste (many of you will know my husband does not eat tomatoes but finds the paste more palatable). Even though I used a medium curry powder, the taste was quite subtle but very delicious. 10/10 and a definite do again.

We are now converts to brown basmati rice and we find the best results are obtained when you soak the rice ahead of cooking in cold water.

No comments:

Post a Comment